FREE SCHOOL MEALS FUNDING
Did you know:
- all children at Little Gonerby are eligible for a free school meal up to the end of Year 2 under the Universal Infant Free School Meal programme? But in addition to this, many children are eligible for additional funding through the government’s Pupil Premium grant to schools.
- our school receives valuable additional funding for every child who is eligible for Pupil Premium? This funding enables us to provide staff, resources and support for all eligible children to support their progress
- your child could benefit from additional support for reading, writing, maths with a teacher or teaching assistant, social and emotional support including counselling with our school counsellor or support from our Family Support Advisor, help with extra-curricular activities, free milk, and a wide range of other support - see the Pupil Premium section of our website under Key Information to find out how much funding we receive and how we spent it over the last few years.
- your child may be eligible for this funding? We believe at least 30 children in our school may be eligible but not receiving this funding at the moment. School cannot carry out these checks or submit applications, only parents can do this. We cannot provide all these additional support activities without this funding.
HOW TO CHECK
Funding is available to pupils in receipt of, or whose parents are in receipt of, one or more of the following benefits:
- Universal Credit (provided you have an annual net earned income of no more than £7,400, as assessed by earnings from up to three of your most recent assessment periods)
- Income Support • Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance • Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The guarantee element of Pension Credit Child Tax Credit (provided you’re not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190)
- Working Tax Credit run-on – paid for four weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
To apply - go to the parent portal https://lcc.cloud.servelec-synergy.com/parentportal It’s the same portal used to apply for a school place so you may already have an account, if not its easy to register, then follow the instructions to complete your application.
On the portal you will see it is called an application for free school meals - this is because the funding also enables children to receive a free school meal when they reach Year 3 right through to secondary school.
This service is completely confidential, only key school staff will be aware of which children are eligible. Remember, even if you have an older child who is already eligible, you need to complete a separate application for each child. Please check with us in school if you are not sure or have any questions. If you don’t have access to the internet or would like any help completing the application, please call into school and we will be happy to help.